Thursday, October 16, 2008

Disinclined Toward Education

Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.
- Sir Winston Churchill
The above quote was waiting to greet me on my Google homepage today. It struck me as something particularly true of my recent attitude. I'm more than interested in learning how to do some things. However, I have no interest in being taught, either due to the time or the nature of the teaching process.

I'm including self-teaching in that. I don't mind finding examples and emulating them, but taking the time to really understand them is something I just don't do. I convince myself that I can't or that it's not worth the effort. Therefore I spend my time avoiding becoming more than I am. Perhaps I need to adjust my views on being taught.


No comments: