Monday, July 27, 2009

The CMS Decision

I've decided to avoid a CMS for now. The content I'm looking to provide is much easier to handle if I hand-code the system. Now I'm just trying to standardize my scripts so that, rather than have a dozen different php and javascript files that are all performing nearly identical actions (with slightly varying parameters) I can have one of each.

It'll mean a very little more overhead in the design aspect, at least as far as making sure that all of my pages have all the right attributes to use the standardized scripts. I think that's definitely a worthwhile price to pay though, as I'd rather fix a script bug in one place than a dozen or more.

I'm thinking, once I launch, I may write a few blogs about the Javascript/PHP stuff I've done, since I think some of it is pretty handy and I'm sure that other people (like myself) who are seriously diving into PHP for the first time would really appreciate it.

No comments: